2nd birthday countdown

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30

Saturday out on the town

This past Saturday came around and all the Oler's decided we needed to get out of town.  So we made a big excursion all the way to Castroville to spend the day with Craig and Alyse!  By big excursion, I mean a 30 minute drive, but it feels like a different world being out on their beautiful property and away from what I like to affectionately call da hood (our house).
Craig and Paul have exams coming up so Paul studied most of the day and Craig worked on some wonderful treats that I'll tell ya about later.  Alyse and I just took it easy with the boys doing what we do (which would be eating).  Later that night we headed to the Castroville hotspot of Cora's for some of their famous nachos.  The last and only other time I had been to Cora's was when I was pregnant and the waitress so kindly pointed out to me that I probably wouldn't fit in the booth she had taken us to.  Yikes!  That was embarassing (and I DID fit, thank you very much!).
Cy was pretty happy at Cora's.  He loves to get kisses :)

Presley couldn't eat the nachos, but he seems to think his hand is a pretty good alternative!
Check out my new skills!
Josh and Craig share the love
Hangin with the boys!
I told you in an earlier post that Cy and Craig have bonded.  Trust me.  Cy has a special ability to fill and explode out of a diaper whenever Craig is near.  Luckily for us it doesn't keep him away.
Cy doesn't look as big as I think he is when Josh holds him!
Cy flirting with Ashley.  He really is quite the flirt.  Watch out ladies...Cy is already working on his moves!

"Dad, we're supposed to be looking at the camera and mom..."
"I am looking, Presley -- what are you doing???"
There we go!  So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Presley looks a teensy little bit like his daddy.  Um, yeah.  I would call them twins, but Presley already has one of those.

This is a little bit embarassing for a family photo.  It is the first picture we have had together since July 4th.  Check it out...3 out of 4 Oler's are wearing the exact same clothes in both pictures.  We are so cool.


After Cora's delicious nachos the guys went out to shoot skeet.
We joined them for abuot 3 minutes while they set up and then hit the road to avoid the noise.
But then there were some problems with the golf cart.  Ashley held Cy and steered the cart while pressing the accelerator.  Alyse jumped out of the cart and pushed us.  Me?  I sat in the back, held Presley and took the occasional picture.  So helpful.
Moving again!  Cy has got the wind in his hair!
The boys finished out the night with a good dinner and Cy passed OUT.
Presley was a little more interested in playin peek a boo!
Alyse's grandparents came over to visit and play with the boys.  They love Nano and Poppy!
And to make a good day just about perfect...Craig made homemade vanilla ice cream and peach cobbler in his dutch oven.  SO delish.

1 comment:

Mary Pat said...

What a fun day! You got so many great pictures!! Ok, so this is the first time I've really seen the resemblance between Paul and Presley and you and Cy!! Cy looks so much like you in the picture where you're both have big smiles. And of course Presley looks like his Daddy in the one you pointed out. Such adorable boys!