On the boys four month birthday we decided to give cereal a try. I had high expectations because both Cy and Presley love to put everything in their mouth and took to formula of all kinds without hesitation. I was wrong. So wrong.
Presley checking out the new food
We learned after Presley ate that a naked baby is a much better way to go.
Cy wanted to hold the spoon...just didn't want anything to do with what was on the spoon.
After that initial feeding we became sidetracked by doctor's appointments, home catastrophes and power outages (it's been quite a month at our house), so I gave up on cereal for awhile. I just didn't have the energy to do it when we got home from work/school. This past week we pulled the cereal out again though. Presley still did not eat it. He didn't cry though. Just refused to open his mouth. I call this progress. I just kept rubbing it all over his mouth hoping he would get used to the texture and the taste. One of these days he will eventually open his mouth.
Cy ate after Presley and he initially responded the same way. Closed mouth, some head aversion, but once I got the spoon in his mouth he LOVED it! I could not get the next bite to him fast enough. He was grabbing my hand and shoving the spoon into his mouth. Cy did eat all of the cereal but I really think his favorite part of the experience was chewing on the spoon. I have made sure Presley can see Cy while he is eating in hopes that Presley will want to do the same thing Cy is doing or will learn from watching him.
Cy
Presley




1 comment:
Great job on the cereal Cy! Presley definitely looks very close to loving it too!
I love everything going on in the background - Presley watching Cy eat...Evie watching Paul pose with the cereal! So cute!!
Post a Comment