Here are the stats: 15 pounds 15 ounces
26 1/8" - 75th percentile (that was his measurement at 4 mos)
Oh Cy...what a fun baby he is to watch. This guy is definitely a mover and a shaker. His arms and legs are in CONSTANT motion and he wants to reach out and touch everything that he sees. He loves to roll around on the floor and will go from back to stomach to back over and over again if you leave him on the ground long enough. I can see the recognition in his eyes that rolling can move him towards certain objects so that they are within his reach.
Cy loves to talk. They tend to alternate who does the talking, but there are times when they will both just babble away at the same time. They do the same thing when they cry. One will cry for awhile and then he will calm down and then the other one starts up. It's like they have this plan to work in shifts so that when one gets tired the other can step in and take over talking or crying duty. It's great when they are talking, but the whole crying in shifts thing is really not cool. :)
I think that Cy is just a little bit flirtatious in the way he interacts with people. There is something about his grin that is bashful and mischievous all at once. He loves kisses and it is so wonderful to see his face light up when you bend towards him to give some love.
Cy is definitely a hands on kind of guy. He grabs on to everything that he can and one of the easiest things for him to grab and hold onto is his brother's hair. He LOVES Presley and they both just gravitate towards each other when you put them on the floor. It is easy to see that they are going to be such good friends!
Crawling is definitely on this guy's agenda sooner rather than later. He flips himself onto his stomach now and will kick his legs to inch himself closer to objects he wants to reach. It is a sloooow process and he doesn't move far, but he can definitely get across his playmat if you give him some time. He is just so determined and he works really hard to get what he wants. It makes me so proud to see him work like that.
Sitting up on his own has become a very close reality. His balance gets better every day and so does his strength. If we get him balanced and then let go he can sit on his own for maybe 30 seconds at a time and has even started to re-balance himself when he starts to tip over. Before long he will not need any help at all!




2 comments:
So, I found your blog b/c i am a friend of erin hoffart. I myself have twin boys (20 weeks old) so I really appreciate reading about your journey. I especially loved reading about the growth that was made between month 3 and 5. Our little guys were very early, but are doing great. I would love for you to "meet" them (www.butlerchronicles.com). Thanks for sharing your journey....your boys are Adorable!!!!! (and I love the names!)
Cheryl Butler
I love the pictures of Cy's affectionate hold on you!
Post a Comment