EPIDURAL!!!
I had the best delivery experience (not that I have any other experience) and I give credit in large part to the wonderful anesthesiologist who gave me the good stuff Wednesday morning. But to go back to the beginning...
Looking large and in charge, Paul and I headed to the hospital at 5:30am Wednesday, April 21 to be induced.
You gotta respect the belly...that is some serious heft
We got checked into the hospital and found out that I was dilated to a 4 and was already having contractions. Apparently the feelings that I had been attributing to Cy moving around up near my ribs were actually contractions. Who knew??? I was feeling no pain at this point and decided to wait on the epidural for a little while. Closer to 9am I was waiting for my doctor to come and break the bag of water Presley was in and I was starting to feel a little discomfort in my lower back. Knowing that the contractions would get much stronger after my water broke I decided to go for the epidural...I figure delivering twins naturally is as much of a hero as I want to be and that I have no shame in accepting any drug that was going to minimize that pain.
The epidural kicked in fast and I was feeling good.
So I proceed to sleep for the next several hours and when my doctor came back around 3pm he announced it was show time. Since I was delivering twins I had to be moved to the operating room for delivery just in case a C-Section became necessary for Cy after Presley had been delivered.
My boys must love me a whole lot because Presley was born within 15 minutes and Cy followed him out one push and 4 minutes later. They are my HEROS! See post below for some of their first pictures. All in all it was a great experience and Paul and I are so happy with our new family of 4!



3 comments:
So glad that you had such a blessed delivery! Thanks for sharing! Your boys are precious.....just precious.
Girl you are amazing!! I am so happy for the Oler family of 4!! The boys are so incredibly adorable. Congrats!!
What an amazing birthing story!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly!
Post a Comment