2nd birthday countdown

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15

2 months

The boys are actually 3 months old as of tomorrow, but let's pretend that I posted this on time at their two month birthday... Lots of changes happened for us at 2 months. I will start with their stats:
Presley: 10 pounds, 1 ounce (10 percentile)
23 3/8" (75 percentile)
Cyrus: 9 pounds, 7 ounces (5 percentile)
23 3/8" (75 percentile)
So basically we have some tall, skinny dudes on our hands (hmm...sounds a lot like their dad). They each got 6 shots, although one of the shots was a liquid shot that they had to drink. They loved that. I am pretty sure both of these guys would eat/drink anything you tried to give them (more on that in a minute). The actual shots themselves were very quick and neither of the boys cried much at all. They are very tough!
Here are some pics of their war wounds:
Cy is on top, Presley on bottom

We had planned on starting the boys on a little bit of formula around the two month mark. I would be going back to work soon and we wanted them to be comfortable with formula before they started Grammy daycare and regular daycare. Our pediatrician suggested giving them 2-4 ounces to see how much they would eat and how they liked it. Well...knowing that they were big eaters we fixed 4 ounce bottles for each of them. I really thought that they might not like the taste at first so I didn't think they would take the whole bottle. I could not have been more wrong. They both sucked the entire 4 ounces down like it was the best thing they had ever tasted. I will admit that my feelings were hurt. Of course I like to think that I am their favorite and only source of food, but I got over it and am glad to know that they will take the formula because that makes life easy on us too. The major bonus of feeding them formula? Sleeping through the night! Yep...after that first night of taking a bottle of formula as their meal both boys slept all the way through the night. So what do we do as the loving, yet sleep deprived parents that we are? You better believe that we started giving them some formula every night! And they have slept ever since. It is such a wonderful thing...maybe my proudest moment as a parent so far because this accomplishment has changed our quality of life in a drastic way!!! In additon to the extra sleep the formula has definitely helped with their gassy stomachs. They very rarely if ever cry anymore unless they are tired or hungry and both of those things are easily fixed. We are very lucky to have two easy babies on our hands these days.

All the moms I know take pictures of their kids with some kind of stuffed animal as a marker so you can compare growth over time, so I though maybe I should be doing that too.

Cy is on the left, Presley on the right

Mr. Cy

Smiling and talking are the other two big developments that we started seeing around two months. Once you start talking to them they will just grin and grin! They get so excited to see familiar faces and hear their voices. They both also like to talk back to you and their little cooing noises are so sweet.
Presley
Cy
Presley
Cy and Presley
Lastly -- I told you the boys will eat anything you put in their mouth and that has included medecine and formula so far. This video shows Presley being spoon fed water by his Grandpa. I was amazed at how he knew exactly how to respond to the spoon and how much he enjoyed something as basic as water.

Still several more posts to come in the next few days...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Those are some darn cute boys! I am loving those little smiles!

Mary Pat said...

I also love the measuring babies against a stuffed animal. What cute bears to use!