The last week in June we took a Whiteside/Oler family vacation to lake LBJ. My parents rented an awesome log cabin on the lake and we just relaxed, went on boat rides, swam, etc. This was our first overnight trip with the boys and I was curious to see how they would do. They had just started sleeping through the night and they continued to do so on the trip. Neither of them seemed the least bit distrubed to be in their new surroundings. Paul and I enjoyed all the extra hands to help give us some relief during the day too!
Wild haired dudes sharing a nap (Presley, Cy)
Both boys really seemed to enjoy their first boat ride but they expressed their excitement in different ways. Cy grinned and stayed awake and seemed really intrigued by the wind blowing in his face. He kept opening his mouth and smacking his lips. I had a video but it was taking 10 years to load on blogger so I finally gave up.
Presley took the opportunity to take a great nap while on the boat. As soon as we started moving he fell asleep, but anytime my dad would slow down or stop the boat he would wake up and cry until we started moving again. I don't have a lot of pictures of Presley since I was holding him and was also in charge of the camera. It was too hard to get his picture while he was all wrapped up. Here he is with GP though prior to his nap.
Evie loves the water and loved the boat. I think she was on the boat every single time it went out on the lake.
Cousins! (Presley, Evie, Cy)
Whiteside family
(Evie has a new smiling technique she has been rocking with one eye pinched closed. So funny!)
Oler family (Me & Presley, Paul & Cy)
GP & Grammy having fun with Evie
Evie is so wonderful with the boys. She loves to help with anything and everything, so one afternoon she gave Presley a bottle and helped burp him. She was also always ready with a pacifier as soon as one of the boys started crying.
One of my favorite new pictures of Presley. This is what you call a smile!



1 comment:
You have so many great pictures from the trip! The one of Evie, Grammy and Granpop on the couch is so cute! And I love Presley's big smile at the end!!
Post a Comment